The Wombats will be heading out on a short tour of record shops next month in support of their new album, ‘Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life’, which is released on the 9th February.
‘Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life’ sees The Wombats continuing to assert themselves as one of the biggest and best guitar pop sensations of our time. 2015’s ‘Glitterbug’ LP saw a UK Top 5 Album, headline show at Alexandra Palace, and has currently received over 200 million digital streams.
Written from three corners of the globe – drummer Dan Haggis in London, bassist Tord Øverland Knudsen nursing his new family in Oslo and frontman Murph in Los Angeles – Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life was created over long distance writing sessions, supplemented by intense two-week in-person sessions in Oslo. With the addition of producers Mark Crew (Bastille, Rag’n’Bone Man) and Catherine Marks (Wolf Alice), the album finds The Wombats pushing the boundaries of alt-pop innovation with a lush, ultramodern indie soundscape wrapped in Blade Runner synths, future grooves, celestial solos and space age melodies.
- Friday 9th Feb – London, HMV Bond Street
- Saturday 10th Feb – Preston, Action Records
- Sunday 11th Feb – Leeds, HMV
- Monday 12th Feb – Liverpool, HMV
- Tuesday 13th Feb – Manchester, HMV
- Wednesday 14th Feb – Marlborough, Sound Knowledge
- Thursday 15th Feb – Kingston, New Slang (matinee all ages & evening 18+ show)